The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these dazzlingly diverse islands.
Take in the views as you ascend into Jamaica's Blue Mountains, stroll the cobbled colonial plazas of Habana Vieja, marvel at the majesty of St. Lucia's volcanic spires or watch Atlantic rollers crash ashore at Bathsheba, on the east coast of Barbados: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Caribbean with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Caribbean:
- Over 30 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Caribbean, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations depict sights such as the imposing Capitolio in Havana, the dramatically situated Castillo San Cristobal on Puerto Rico, the vast Brimstone Hill Fortress on St. Kitts and more
- Colour photographs of the Caribbean's colonial cities, colourful towns, varied landscapes - including beautiful beaches, semi-arid deserts, fern-filled rainforests, limestone plateaus, soaring volcanoes, towering mountains and colourful coral reefs - and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about these islands' fascinating histories, diverse cultures, colourful festivals, Caribbean cuisine and more
- Experience the Caribbean with features on beach life, popular diving and snorkelling spots, top sailing islands, popular watersports, flora and fauna, marine wildlife, music, festivals and events, best wedding and honeymoon islands and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Greater Antilles, including Cuba, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico; the Leewards and French Antilles, including Virgin Islands, Anguilla, St. Martin/Sint Maarten, Saba and St. Eustatius, St. Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Barthélemy, Guadeloupe, Martinique; the Windwards and Barbados, including Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Barbados; the Southern Caribbean, including Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Caribbean is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these beautiful islands.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
|Publisher||DK (Dorling Kindersley)|
|Series||DK Eyewitness Travel Guides|
|Dimensions||133 x 221 mm|
|Item weight||0.792 Kg|
All items that are in stock will show a delivery timescale of 1-3 working days. If your order consists solely of these items, then dispatch is within 1 working day of purchase with the exception of framed and customised items which may take up to 14 days.
If your order is a non-stock item, the delivery timescale on that item will show as 3-7 working days on the product details. In these instances, dispatch is usually 3-5 working days with delivery in 5-7 working days. If your item is delayed for any reason, we will update your order to provide an explanation of the delay, although it is not always possible to say how long the delay will be. The item will be kept on order for up to three months and supplied to you when it becomes available. After 3 months, we will cancel the order or the remainder of the order unless you ask us to keep it on back order for longer. Incomplete orders will be held until the remaining items come into stock, unless we anticipate a long delay. At our discretion, incomplete orders may be sent out as partial shipments if we anticipate that an item may take some time coming in to stock.
See full details of our Delivery Details here
Cancellations - non personalised/bespoke items
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations) provide consumers with the right to a 'cooling-off' period to allow you to change your mind. Under these regulations, you have the right to cancel your order, without explanation, within 14 days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods) and to return the goods for a refund within a further 14 days (28 days in total). The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to businesses nor to individuals who are trading or acting as a trader (buying goods to re-sell for profit) because no-one is the 'Consumer'. This means there is no 'cooling-off' period and the order cannot be cancelled once processed.
See full details of our Returns Information here
Cancellations - personalised/bespoke items
Where an order is placed for an item which is to be personalised or is bespoke, cancellation is not possible once production has started and these are expressly excluded from The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations).
All transaction information passed between Guy's Magnets Ltd T/A MapsWorldwide and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed un-encrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing we pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once the information is in Sage Pay's systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands. Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Page are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Guy's Magnets Ltd holds PCI compliance