The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Europe and the Mediterranean on a cruise.
Cruise Norway's awe-inspiring fjords, enjoy some sunshine along the beautiful Cote d'Azur, stop off in Morocco's colourful bazaars or explore Edinburgh's rich culture and history: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of cruising Europe and the Mediterranean with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean:
- Over 45 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Europe and the Mediterranean, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Westminster Abbey in London, the Sagrada Família in Barcelona, the Palazzo Ducale in Venice, St Peter's Basilica in Rome, the ancient ruins of Ephesus in Turkey, the Acropolis in Athens, the Musée du Louvre in Paris, and much more
- Colour photographs of Europe and the Mediterranean's historic and vibrant cities, stunning landscapes - from Nice's beautiful beaches to Norway's dramatic fjords - plus ancient sights, architectural highlights and more
- Detailed chapters cover Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Malta, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and Croatia
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each country's history and culture, unique architecture, ancient sights, museums and galleries, as well as the history of cruise travel and more
- Experience the culture with features on the vikings in Norway; scotch whisky in Scotland; the wines of France; Mediterranean flora and fauna; and the Bosphorus
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information, and a detailed survival guide to help you plan and book a cruise
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cruise Guide to Europe and the Mediterranean is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your cruise around Europe and the Mediterranean.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to see more of Europe? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Europe.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
|Publisher||DK (Dorling Kindersley)|
|Series||DK Eyewitness Travel Guides|
|Dimensions||131 x 224 mm|
|Item weight||0.626 Kg|
All items that are in stock will show a delivery timescale of 1-3 working days. If your order consists solely of these items, then dispatch is within 1 working day of purchase with the exception of framed and customised items which may take up to 14 days.
If your order is a non-stock item, the delivery timescale on that item will show as 3-10 working days on the product details. In these instances, dispatch is usually 3-7 working days with delivery in 5-10 working days. If your item is delayed for any reason, we will update your order to provide an explanation of the delay, although it is not always possible to say how long the delay will be. The item will be kept on order for up to three months and supplied to you when it becomes available. After 3 months, we will cancel the order or the remainder of the order unless you ask us to keep it on back order for longer. Incomplete orders will be held until the remaining items come into stock, unless we anticipate a long delay. At our discretion, incomplete orders may be sent out as partial shipments if we anticipate that an item may take some time coming in to stock.
See full details of our Delivery Details here
Cancellations - non personalised/bespoke items
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations) provide consumers with the right to a 'cooling-off' period to allow you to change your mind. Under these regulations, you have the right to cancel your order, without explanation, within 14 days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods) and to return the goods for a refund within a further 14 days (28 days in total). The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to businesses nor to individuals who are trading or acting as a trader (buying goods to re-sell for profit) because no-one is the 'Consumer'. This means there is no 'cooling-off' period and the order cannot be cancelled once processed.
See full details of our Returns Information here
Cancellations - personalised/bespoke items
Where an order is placed for an item which is to be personalised or is bespoke, cancellation is not possible once production has started and these are expressly excluded from The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations).
All transaction information passed between Guy's Magnets Ltd T/A MapsWorldwide and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed un-encrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing we pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once the information is in Sage Pay's systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands. Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Page are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Guy's Magnets Ltd holds PCI compliance