The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring San Francisco and Northern California.
Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge, catch a ferry out to the infamous prison on Alcatraz Island or head out to Napa Wine Country to sample fine wine: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of San Francisco and Northern California with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide San Francisco and Northern California:
- Over 35 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of San Francisco and Northern California designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show in detail Alcatraz Island and prison, San Francisco's famous cable cars, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and more
- Colour photographs of the city's notoriously steep streets, pretty shoreline, parks and gardens, plus California's extensive coastline, national parks, vineyards and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Presidio, Pacific Heights and the Marina, Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach, Chinatown and Nob Hill, Financial District and Union Square, Civic Center, Haight Ashbury and the Mission, Golden Gate Park and Land's End, and sights beyond the city, plus major parts of Northern California, including Carmel, Mendocino, Napa Wine Country, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's history, museums and galleries, architecture, LGBT community, and festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide San Francisco and Northern California is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to San Francisco and Northern California.
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 San Francisco.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one." -The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.
|Publisher||DK (Dorling Kindersley)|
|Series||DK Eyewitness Travel Guides|
|Dimensions||127 x 215.9 mm|
|Item weight||0.362 Kg|
All items that are in stock will show a delivery timescale of 1-3 working days. If your order consists solely of these items, then dispatch is within 1 working day of purchase with the exception of framed and customised items which may take up to 14 days.
If your order is a non-stock item, the delivery timescale on that item will show as 3-10 working days on the product details. In these instances, dispatch is usually 3-7 working days with delivery in 5-10 working days. If your item is delayed for any reason, we will update your order to provide an explanation of the delay, although it is not always possible to say how long the delay will be. The item will be kept on order for up to three months and supplied to you when it becomes available. After 3 months, we will cancel the order or the remainder of the order unless you ask us to keep it on back order for longer. Incomplete orders will be held until the remaining items come into stock, unless we anticipate a long delay. At our discretion, incomplete orders may be sent out as partial shipments if we anticipate that an item may take some time coming in to stock.
See full details of our Delivery Details here
Cancellations - non personalised/bespoke items
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations) provide consumers with the right to a 'cooling-off' period to allow you to change your mind. Under these regulations, you have the right to cancel your order, without explanation, within 14 days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods) and to return the goods for a refund within a further 14 days (28 days in total). The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to businesses nor to individuals who are trading or acting as a trader (buying goods to re-sell for profit) because no-one is the 'Consumer'. This means there is no 'cooling-off' period and the order cannot be cancelled once processed.
See full details of our Returns Information here
Cancellations - personalised/bespoke items
Where an order is placed for an item which is to be personalised or is bespoke, cancellation is not possible once production has started and these are expressly excluded from The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations).
All transaction information passed between Guy's Magnets Ltd T/A MapsWorldwide and Sage Pay’s systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed un-encrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing we pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once the information is in Sage Pay's systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands. Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Page are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Guy's Magnets Ltd holds PCI compliance