There are two maps here, each covering the same area. This very busy map covers an area of a mile by a mile and a half, stretching from South Lambeth Road and Stockwell station eastward to Camberwell Green; from Vassall Road and Albert Square southward to Loughborough Junction. The map therefore covers much of Stockwell, together with the western part of the vast Camberwell parish; it also covers part of north Brixton.
Even in 1871 this area was very built up, the only undeveloped area being around Knatchbull Road where St James''s church stands in some isolation. As ever, this 1st Edition map is especially attractive, many of the houses around Angel Town, North Brixton and west Camberwell being portrayed with their leafy gardens. On the reverse we include directory entries for Camberwell Green, Camberwell New Rd, Stockwell Green, Cold Harbour Lane.
The 1913 map covers the same area at a later stage. Features include Kings College Hospital, Angell Town, Ruskin Park, tramways and tramway depot, Camberwell New Road and Loughborough Junction stations, railway works at Stockwell, South Western Hospital, Myatts Fields. The countless streets include Stockwell Road, Stockwell Park Road, Brixton Road, Wiltshire Road, Cormont Road
|Publisher||Alan Godfrey Maps|
|Series||Old Ordnance Survey Maps|
|Product Type||Folded Map|
|Scale||Scale 15 inches to 1 mile|
See full details of our Delivery Details here
Cancellations - non personalised/bespoke items
See full details of our Returns Information here
Cancellations - personalised/bespoke items
Guy's Magnets Ltd holds PCI compliance