Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers most of the town centre and docks, with coverage extending from North Street southward to Collins Terrace and Maryport Dock Junction, and from Lawson Street westward to the shore. Features include River Ellen, town centre with individual buildings neatly delineated, St Mary's church, Fleming Square, Market House; LNWR railway with Whitehaven Junction, goods station, engine shed, part of railway station, Dock Branch, many sidings into docks; Ellenborough Colliery, Solway Iron Works, Senhouse Dock, Elizabeth Dock, Glasson, Mote Hill, Old Harbour, North Harbour etc. Sheet 44.04 to the north is included as an insert, including Flour Mill, Parade Ground, Tannery.
On the reverse is most of adjacent sheet 45.05 extending coverage eastward to include Ellenborough, Netherton, Netherhall, Kirkborough, All Souls church, eastern part of station, Ewanrigg Hall (at foot of map), Hayborough (at east of map).
|Alston 1898||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Brampton 1924||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Whitehaven South 1923||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Barrow in Furness (NE) 1911||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Barrow in Furness (NW) 1911||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|ShelterBox - Keep the Change||Donation||£ 0.01|