Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map,
The map will be of especial interest to transport historians, with its many railways and canals. Coverage stretches from Bishop Street eastward to Hobden Street, and from Gourlay Street southward to Kennedy Street. The various railway features include St Rollox Works, Sighthill Goods station, Hyde Park Locomotive Works, Garngad station, Barnhill station, St Rollox coal and mineral depot, Craighall goods station, much of Buchanan Street station and approaches, St Rollox station, Pinkston mineral depot, with many junctions, sidings etc, all in splendid detail. Canals include a stretch of the Forth & Clyde Glasgow Branch, including St Rollox Basin, Spiers Wharf North, timber basin. Other features include Germiston Works, Petershill Brewery, Sighthill Cemetery, Port Dundas, St Rollox Chemical Works, Port Dundas Distillery, Milburn Chemical Works, Townhead church, St Joseph's House, and many smaller factories and works. Barony Poorhouse is near the top right corner. Selected street directory entries on the reverse include Garngad Road, Kennedy Street, Parliamentary Road, Springburn Road (1894 map) and Castle Street, Charles Street, Dobbies Loan, Kennedy Street, Keppochhill Road, Petershill Road (1933 map).