Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map 15 inches to 1 mile
These maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by a mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
The maps each cover the same area stretching from Hammersmith Bridge and Broadway eastward to Philbeach Gardens and Earls Court Exhibition Grounds; from Hammersmith Road southward to Dawes Road. The maps therefore cover part of the centre and south of Hammersmith and north Fulham. The many features (varying of course with the different dates) include Hammersmith, Barons Court, West Kensington stations; Lillie Bridge depot, a stretch of the Thames with wharves, Fulham workhouse, Hammersmith Cemetery, Fulham Cemetery, Exhibition Grounds, tramways, Munster Road Nurseries, Hammersmith Distillery, St Paul's school, Queen's Club etc. Churches include St Paul's Hammersmith, St John's Fulham, St Peter's Fulham. The many streets include North End Road, Greyhound Road, Star Road, Dawes Road, Edith Road, Bridge Road, Fulham Palace Road and many more. The 1871 map shows a relatively rural area with many orchards, other two maps are much more built up, a striking contrast. Each map also has extracts from directories.
|Chelsea 1894||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Hammersmith & Fulham 1894 (London Sheet 86.2)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Hammersmith & Fulham 1913||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Battersea & Fulham 1894 (London Sheet 100.2)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Pimlico & Nine Elms 1894||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|ShelterBox - Keep the Change||Donation||£ 0.01|