Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map,
These detailed maps by Alan Godfrey normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
This very detailed map of Wisbech in 1900 gives good coverage of the town of Wisbech, an area stretching from Barton Lane Crossing eastward to Clarkson Avenue, and from Leverington Road southward to Victoria Road. Features include New Wisbech, The Castle, Cattle Market, Wisbech Canal, River Nene, St Peter & St Paul's church, New Walsoken, Bowthorpe, East Field, St Augustine's church, workhouse. The complicated railway information includes MGN Joint line with Wisbech station, GER Harbour branch, GER Goods station off Oldfield Lane. Coverage extends westward along Barton Lane to the railway crossing. A directory of private residents is on the reverse. Includes an introduction by Trevor Bevis.