Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
These detailed maps maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction. The London maps link up with those for Middlesex to form a major series for the Greater London area.
There are two versions of this map, covering the same area at different dates. The change in titles reflects the development of the area.) The maps cover an area stretching from Fairland Road and West Ham Park eastward to Woodgrange Park Cemetery; from the GER railway southward to Plashet Road. The 1867 map shows a very rural area, principal features including Ham House and Ham Park, Plashet House, Plashet Hall, Pawnbrokers Almshouses, Woodgrange, and some development around Forest Lane. Country lanes such as Gipsy Lane and Red Post Lane link Plashet with the Romford Road. The 1894 map is more built up. Features now include Forest Gate School, Forest Gate Junction, Woodgrange Park station, tramway along Romford Road,and the northern fringe of Upton Park. Churches include St Anthony's RC church, St James's Forest Lane, All Saints Romford Road. Streets (many only half built up in 1894) include Romford Road, Red Post Lane, Earlham Grove, Gipsy Lane, Boleyn Road and many more. Each map includes selected extracts from a contemporary street directory.
The map links up with Sheet 33 Wanstead Flats to the north, Sheet 42 Stratford to the west, 44 East Ham to the east and 54 Plaistow to the south.
|East Ham & Barking 1894 (London Sheet 44.2)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Pathfinder Guide: Londons Parks and Countryside Walks||Crimson Publishing||£ 11.99|
|Plaistow 1894||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Barking & Upney 1897||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Deptford (North) 1914||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Leyton 1894 (London Sheet 32.2)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|