Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
There are two versions of this detailed map, which covers most of central Exeter and its eastern suburbs, with coverage stretching from Bonhay Road eastward to Cemetery Road, and from Prospect Park southward to Commercial Road and Friars Green. The 1888 version is in colour.
Features include LSWR railway with Queen Street (now Central) station; Cathedral, Exe Island, city centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Lower Cemetery (disused), Mount Dinham, Headweir Mills, Bull Meadow, Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital, Mount Radford, Exeter Castle, Town Barracks, St Michael & All Angels church, Brewery, schools, St Matthew's church, Eye Infirmary, Lower Market, Allhallows church, St David's church, Bury Meadow, Higher Market, Exeter Diocesan Training College, Workhouse, Newtown area, Polsloe Park, Polsloe Priory area, Belmont Leisure Ground, St Sidwell's church, chapels, Lion's Holt, Reformatory for Girls, etc. (Note that St David's station is off the map.)
Each of the maps includes extracts from an early street directory. The 1888 version is colour printed, taken from the Ordnance Survey's beautiful hand coloured First Edition.
|ShelterBox - Keep the Change||Donation||£ 0.01|
|A Street Map of London 1843 Folded Map||Old House Books||£ 9.99|
|Exeter & the Lower Exe Valley 1888 (Map 325)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Bermondsey & Wapping 1872 (London Sheet 77.1)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Selly Oak & Bournville 1903 (Worcestershire Sheet 10.04)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Huddersfield (South) 1905||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|