Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
There are two versions of this detailed map, showing how the area developed across the years: it covers the central area of Dudley, and coverage then extends eastward to Kate's Hill, Cawney Hill and Oakham. The map covers parts of both Staffordshire and Worcestershire and doubles as Worcestershire sheet 1.16.
Features on this busy map include Dudley town centre in detail, with individual buildings neatly delineated, including Town Hall, Market Place, High Street area, St Thomas church, St Edmund's church, Waddam's Pool Works, St Mary & St Thomas RC Chapel, Netherton station, Paradise. Features elsewhere include Tansleyhill Colliery, Dixon's Green, Prince of Wales Pit (disused), Cawneyhill House, St John's church, Roseland Farm, Oakham Lodge, Burnt Tree Colliery (disused), industrial tramway and incline, Oakham Colliery (disused), line of Netherton Tunnel, Tansley Hill, old coal shafts etc.
The 1882 version is fully coloured, taken from the OS 1st Edition hand-coloured map.
The map links up with sheets 67.12 Dudley Castle to the north, 67.15 Dudley West to the west, 68.13 Brades Village to the east, 71.04 Netherton to the south.
|Dudley (West) 1901||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Dudley Castle & Tipton Green 1901||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Lye 1914||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Wordsley 1901||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Round Oak 1901||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Wollaston 1901||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|