Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
These maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by a mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
This detailed map covers the centre and northern part of Chippenham, with coverage stretching from the Market Place northward to Hardenhuish House, and from The Folly eastward to Cocklebury Farm. Features include St Andrew's church, The Ivy, Lowden Hill, High Street area, Monkton House, Condensed Milk Factory, railway with station, engine shed, Railway Signal Works, Bacon Factory, Landsend area, Langley Burrell Within parish, St Paul's church, The Hamlet area, Cocklebury Farm, Pew Hill, Woodlands area, Lowden Farm, Greenway Lane Farm, Hardenhuish House and Park, St Nicholas church etc. On the reverse is a list of private residents and commercial entries from a contemporary directory.
The map links up with Wiltshire sheet 26.02 Chippenham South to the south.
|Chippenham (South) & Lacock 1899 (Wiltshire Sheet 26.02)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|