Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
There are more than 2,400 maps in this series of Old Ordnance Survey Map reprints. The maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by a mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
This detailed map covers the centre, east and north of Chichester. The city centre is in the SW quarter of the map, and coverage stretches from the West Gate eastward to the eastern edge of the parish; coverage also extends from South Gate northward to the Infirmary, Otter Memorial College and Oaklands. Features on the map include the Cathedral, West Street, East Street, South Street, North Street, Priory Park, cattle market, Chichester workhouse, St Paul's church, Somerstown, Eastgate Square; while further east the map includes Portfield, the northern part of Whyke, Oving Road, Stane Street, cemetery, All Saints church Oving. In the top right corner of the map is West Hampnett Union Workhouse, converted out of a partly Elizabethan mansion and sadly burnt down in 1899. On the reverse is the Private Residents entry from a 1905 directory.
|Arundel & District 1881 (Map 317)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Bath 1902 (Somerset Sheet 14.05b)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|West Worthing 1896 (Sussex Sheet 64.14)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|ShelterBox - Keep the Change||Donation||£ 0.01|