Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map 15 inches to 1 mile
These maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. Each covers an area of a mile and a half by a mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
This detailed map covers Brighouse, SE of Halifax, a town which had become a Borough of around 21,000 people by the time of this map. Most of the town is covered on our map, with coverage stretching from Healey Wood northward to Bridge Lane and Woodvale Mill, and from Cromwell Bottom Delph eastward to Clifton Road station. Features include the town centre with Town Hall, St James church, tramway, Mill Royd Mills, Victoria Mill, Borough Market, Calder Bridge, Owler Ings Mill, Anchor Bridge, railway with station, River Calder, Calder & Hebble Navigation (North Cut and Freeman's New Cut), St Martin's church, Lower Newlands, Little Woodhouse, Waring Green, Leopold Wire Works, Calder Dye Works. On the east side of town is the Bailiff Bridge Branch with Clifton Road station, an industrial tramway to the canal basin, George Street Mill, Brighouse Sanatorium. On the west side are Brookfoot, Brookfoot Mill, Brookfoot Dye Works, Valley Dye Works, St Peter's Mission Church, Longroyd Quarries. On the reverse are extracts from a 1901 directory.
|Dewsbury 1905 (Yorkshire Sheet 247.03b)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Nidderdale & Mid Wharfedale 1910 (Map 61)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|ShelterBox - Keep the Change||Donation||£ 0.01|
|Barton upon Irwell 1888||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Pudsey (Chapeltown) 1906||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Pudsey (East) & Farnley Hall 1906||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|