Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
These maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
This detailed map of Burton covers the southern part of the town, with coverage extending from the railway station southward to Varlow Street, and from High Street westward to Bean's Covert and Ordish's Farm.
The many features include Midland Railway with sidings and lines into breweries, engine shed, Branston Curve, Birmingham Curve Junction, Duke Street Branch, Bond End & Shobnall Branch; malthouses and breweries, Bond End area, The Abbey, Market Hall, St Modwen's church, New Brewery, Peel Croft Football Ground, many railways threading through the streets to the breweries, Burton Extra Ward, Bass's Buildings, Christ Church, Corporation Depot etc. A list of brewers from a 1912 directory is included on the reverse.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheet 40.12 Burton North to the north.
|The Potteries 1895 (Map 123)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Peckham 1914 (London Sheet 103)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Worcester & The Malverns 1897 (Map 199)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Wolstanton 1898 (Staffordshire Sheet 11.16)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Burton (North) 1900 (Staffordshire Sheet 40.12)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|
|Hanley & Etruria 1898 (Staffordshire Sheet 12.13b)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|