Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
Series: Old Ordnance Survey Maps
Format: Folded Map
These maps are highly detailed. They are taken from the OS 1:2,500 (or 25 inch) maps and reduced to about 15 inches to the mile. They show streets with individual houses, tram tracks, railway tracks and even signals, factories, wharves and such details as fountains and water troughs. They will provide hours of fascination for historians and genealogists. The maps are neatly folded and each includes a specially written introduction to the area.
This detailed map of Burton covers the northern and western part of the town, with coverage extending from the railway station northward to Wyggeston Street, and from Holy Trinity church westward to Lower Outwoods.
The many features include Midland Railway, many sidings, north part of station and many lines into the breweries; LNWR Dallow Lane Branch; Trent & Mersey Canal, St Paul's church, The Grange, numerous breweries and malthouses, Burton Workhouse, Outwoods Hills, Shobnall Mills, St Margaret's church, Horninglow Wharf, LNWR Goods station, Black Eagle Brewery, New Brewery, Middle Brewery, Middle Yard Cooperage, Holy Trinity church, Little Burton area, Derby Turn, chapels, etc. On the reverse is a selection of street directory entries, including Horninglow Road, Princess Street, Little Burton, Stafford Street, Sydney Street, plus a list of brewers and bootmakers.
The map links up with Staffordshire sheet 40.16 Burton on Trent to the south.
|Burton on Trent 1900 (Staffordshire Sheet 40.16)||Alan Godfrey Maps||£ 2.50|