THE CLEAR ENGLISH VERSION
We are committed to making sure that we protect your privacy as much as possible. We do of course collect certain information about you in order both to process your order and to ensure that your browsing experience is as relevant as possible.
So what do we collect and what do we do with it.
Unless you register with us or subscribe to a newsletter, we have no personal information about you whatsoever.
If you register with us or register and place an order then we collect from you via our secure servers the following information:
- Billing name and address
- Shipping name and address and shipping phone number
- E-mail address
These details are used to deliver your products, take payment from you and to ensure that we deliver your goods directly to you. To that end the shipping phone number and email address may be disclosed to the courier company involved in your delivery to assist with your delivery.
The e-mail address will be used to keep you up to date with the progress of your order.
Under no circumstances do we collect your credit card details. When you pay you do so via SagePay our secure paymeny gateway. We never see any credit card details whatsoever and there are none stored on out secure databases.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, the only information we collect is your e-mail address. This will be then used to send you copies of our newsletter as and when they are published.
If you have registered with us or have subscribed to our newsletter, we will from time e-mail you details of offers and product news that we think will be interest. If you would prefer not to receive this please e-mail email@example.com.
We of course adhere to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Depending on your browser setting you may see that we place a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive. This small piece of code contains no personal details and simply helps us to recognise you when you return to our site. If you choose to reject this "cookie" then you will still be able to operate the site.
THE LEGAL VERSION
Mapsworldwide Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act, the data controller is Mapsworldwide Limited of 65 St Mary Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire, England, SN15 3JF
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.mapsworldwide.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Mapsworldwide Limited, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us which may include passing details of your phone number and email address to a courier company to ensure that the Products that you have ordered are delivered correctly.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). If you would like to stop receiving information from us please Unsubscribe
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Mapsworldwide Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.